In order to provide the most thorough and accurate suggestions for visual exhibits, there are a few key items we will need to review. These documents allow us to provide accurate cost estimates and ensure everything we create is accurate.
We humbly request that digital copies be provided over physical copies. If available, text based files (original/native file types) are highly preferred (as opposed to scanned documents).
Electronic delivery is preferred, for which there are numerous options:
- Use our file transfer site to upload files (2GB per transfer limit) – details on how to zip/compress and share files can be found here.
- "Share" a Dropbox folder with us
- Use a third-party file transfer protocol (FTP) you may already have in place
*Please DO NOT send case records in their entirety; sending only the materials below will allow us to more efficiently help you*
Materials Needed for Product Liability Exhibits
- Copy of the Complaint
- Expert Reports (final or draft) for relevant experts: Product DesignProduct SafetyElectrical, Mechanical Engineering, etc.
- Any supplemental reports / attachments / diagrams / survey data / field measurements
- All expert produced photographs/video of subject or exemplar product
- All Defendant produced materials relating to faulty product: Internal Design / Manufacturing / Assembly drawings or dataUser Manuals, Installation Manuals, Service / Repair Manuals, Parts CatalogsRecall Notices, Service Bulletins, Internal or Vendor notifications
- All Defense expert reports (regarding liability), plus any produced materials